Registered, Certified Gas Heating Engineers. Installation, Repair. Replacement, A Rated Condensing Boilers
It’s still slightly chilly out there to say the least, although they promise there is light [or sunshine] at the end of the tunnel! This is the time of year we really need our central heating systems, yet typically this is when they start to play up. If you are having issues with your boiler, there are some simple checks you should complete before calling out an engineer. If your boiler keeps losing pressure, isn’t working properly or won’t even come on you could:-
- Try reprogramming your boiler’s timer, things like a power cut can cause the boiler to reset. Instructions on how to do this will probably be in your manual.
- If you have a prepayment meter, check there is enough credit, are your other gas appliances working ok?
- Have any switches in your fuse box tripped?
- If your boiler has lost pressure a reading of one bar or less will show, and you need to top up the pressure, by following the ‘how to’ in your manual.
- Room thermostats which are set too low can result in the boiler not coming on, so turn it up and see if the boiler starts working.
- Again, following the written instructions supplied with the boiler, reset the appliance, which is very likely to have a reset function.
- Pre 2004 boilers may have a pilot light, and these can sometimes go out, but can be relit without professional help.
If you can’t get to the bottom of the trouble alone, you may want to call a qualified Gas Safe engineer from somewhere like SJB Mechanical & Engineering Services Ltd. SJB are expert heating and plumbing engineers working with commercial and domestic customers. They can install, upgrade, replace, repair and maintain a wide variety of boilers to the highest standards.